Former President Trump railed against the “slowers” and “losers” of late-night talk shows as the shows returned for the first time after a months-long writers’ strike.
Without citing specific examples, Trump accused the talk shows of acting as “campaign contributions” to Democrats in two social media posts early Tuesday morning and said he knew there was a reason he didn’t want to see the strike completed.
“With the ‘strike’ over, the talentless, low-rated CREEPS of late night television are back. I knew there was a reason I didn’t want this resolved – true LOSERS!!!” He posted on Truth Social.
“Remember when I told you that the poorly rated and not at all funny late night talk shows were nothing short of a major campaign contribution to the Radical Left Democrat Party,” added Trump, a frequent critic of late night television, added later. “Look what’s going on – so interesting!”
Several talk shows returned Monday night after a five-month hiatus due to the Hollywood writers’ strike that ended last week. The strike began on May 2nd.
“The Late Show With Stephen Colbert” on CBS, “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” on ABC, “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon” on NBC and “Late Night with Seth Meyers” on NBC were among the first to announce new content on Monday shipments returned.
“It feels good to be back,” Colbert said on the show Monday, The Associated Press reported.
“Now the writers’ strike is over, with a new contract that includes protections from AI, a higher cost of living, better pay for streaming, and thanks to the pickets, fresh air and sunshine for my writers, and they don’t care,” he added. ” Now they’re safe back in their joke holes.”
Copyright 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.